Tuesday, August 21, 2012

While I'm Not Working, Here's Wally Wood's 22 Panels That Always Do

I'm back from an epic weekend of music at the fifth annual Equifunk Festival, where the Frank Stalloners had the honor of sharing a bill with such tremendous acts as Galactic, Dumpstaphunk, Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds, The Pimps of Joytime and many, many more. Suffice it to say I'm absolutely beat. Throw on top of that the fact that I have my weekly Tuesday Night Jam gig tonight and that I owe my artistic partner in crime, Tom Travers, some script pages for the new strip we're working on, and it means I don't have the time to knock out a decent blog post tonight. So while I'm not working, I figured I'd share with you legendary artist Wally Wood's 22 Panels that Always Work, an invaluable tool for any comics creator interested in making even the most mundane dialogue panel visually interesting. Check it out if you haven't already, then take a look at modern master Michael Oeming's take on the same rules. 


Sorry again for the delay. We'll be back on schedule tomorrow.





No comments: